Re: Migrating from MKS to Cygwin

Hi Sarbjit,

pwd is a bash built-in function.
This means, even if you do not have any pwd installed, you still could
call pwd from Bash.
And no matter what pwd you have installed, it will not be called if
you just call "pad" from Bash.
If you use some path though, the installed one is used.
I guess you tested with the Windows port only from Bash, not from the Makefile?
Because I'd think it should work from there, except if it spawns some
Bash process and makes the call there.

Anyways, I'd rather not replace the Cygwin executable by another one
and depend on this.
E. g. If you update, it gets replaced again and behavior changes.
What I'd recommend is, either put the Windows port, or even better a
shellscript - that is called pwd and calls pwd by path and then uses
cygpath to transform the result - earlier in the PATH (e. g.
/usr/local/bin).

For the .bat case, I'd either create a symlink beside the .bat or in
/usr/local/bin, or if it does not work, a shellscript that calls the
.bat.

Regards
BjÃrn