Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: xorg-server-1.17.1-5

On 05/07/2015 22:09, Ronald Blaschke wrote:
After quite some time looking, I think I have found the culprit.  I am
using UltraMon on my system.  It seems like the changes in 1.17.1-5
interact badly with the Window management feature [1].  The good news
is, this feature can be disabled by program.  After excluding XWin.exe,
everything is back to normal.  Sorry for the noise, but it's the first
time I have had a problem with either program, so it was hard to make
the connection.  I'll probably notify the UltraMon authors, to consider
excluding XWin by default.

Thanks for that information.  Glad to hear you have resolved your issue.

Yes, I'm afraid XWin can be a bit over-sensitive to other programs touching it's windows :S

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer