Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.1.0-0.1

> The problem is probably that there are still resources in use which
> didn't get free'd.  I'll check next week if I can do anything about it.
> Ideally with a simple testcase than emacs :}

Is libsigsegv an appropriate testcase?  There are several other
applications that then optionally use libsigsegv for stack overflow
protection (such as m4 and awk), as well as for user-managed page
faulting for garbage collection purposes (such as guile).  In fact, I'm
a bit surprised that emacs rolls its own protection instead of taking
advantage of libsigsegv - it might be worth suggesting that to upstream
emacs.

Upstream libsigsegv comes with a fairly decent testsuite for low-level
testing of what types of SIGSEGV handling is possible (regardless of
whether that recovery was done by native windows hacks as in the current
build, or via sigaltstack which is what I hope will happen when it is
reconfigured against the new cygwin).  And if those tests aren't enough
it is also a fairly simple test case using (32-bit) m4 (when linked
against a rebuilt libsigsegv) to do:

 echo 'define(a,a(a))a' | m4