Re: Applications no longer launching from xdg

On 20/07/2015 06:06, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
I installed Windows 10 over the weekend ("RTM" release 10240, 64-bit,
Pro).  Cygwin, X server and XDG were working fine until sometime
Sunday afternoon.  Suddenly, I could not launch xterms, but still
could from the old Xwin icon in the system notification area.  Nothing
works from XDG (other than exit), not even viewing the logfile.  I
have no idea what could have caused this.  Any ideas?

I even tried uninstalling xinit and two xdg modules, then
re-installing them, but that didn't work.  In fact, I lost the
Cygwin-X menu in the Start folder, so now I can't even start the X
server from there.

I assume you are talking about the xdg-menu here.

I've done some testing on the Windows 10 TP x86_64, but I can't reproduce this problem.

If you can reproduce this problem, you could always examine the ~/.xsession-errors file directly.