Re: Cygwin Shell Fails to Start when Enabling High Address

On Jul 28 17:26, Benjamin Cao wrote:
> Corinna,
>
> When I start Cygwin, with the AllocationPreference registry enable for
> VirtualAlloc, the shell immediate closes. I get the below error.
>
> 2 [main] sh 5240 c:\cygwin\bin\sh.exe: *** fatal error - internal
> error reading the windows environment - too many environment
> variables?
>
> I guess you have answered the question to when we could get our
> testing running on Cygwin, but I'm unable to get to that point if the
> shell cannot start. Any advice on what I'm seeing now?

A bug in Cygwin.  Actually, 2 bugs, one generic bug and one in 64 bit
Cygwin only.

I applied patches to the git repo and I just uploaded new developer
snapshots to https://cygwin.com/snapshots/ which contain the fixes.

I'm also creating new test releases 2.2.0-0.4 and upload and announce
them later today.

Please give any of them a try, preferredly today, so I may be able
to create the offical Cygwin 2.2.0 release today as well.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat