Re: Shares with strange ACL settings

Andrey Repin writes:
> Perl is known to have "special" treatment of file permissions.

It's perfectly valid to do this from a POSIX perspective and Perl is not
the only program to do this (but it's easier to show the result with
Perl).  As far as POSIX is concerned, the mode bits that Cygwin presents
are wrong given the actual access rights of the underlying Windows
DACL.

> This issue has been raised in the list before.

By me, so yes I know.  What's your point?

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: