Re: Some programs (vi, ssh) crash when screen buffer height is big

On 8/25/2015 12:35 PM, Sous Lesquels wrote:
> Thanks Philip - I agree with that and it's even nicely described in ConEmu docs:
>
> http://conemu.github.io/en/CygwinAnsi.html
>
> While it might be a hack to get this working, mintty is not something
> that should be run in ConEmu, as both are terminal emulators.
>
> Anyway, I guess the question is - is Cygwin supposed (as in - designed
> with that in mind) to be working only under mintty or is it supposed
> to work with regular Windows console? Trying to figure out what to do
> - if it's not supposed to work outside of mintty, that cuts down the
> options considerably.

It depends on the level of support you want from this list.  If you have
issues with executing something or you have issues with visual and
keyboard function the answer is always to use mintty.  That is what the
installer sets up for you and is expected that you are using. Otherwise
you may be on your own to determine the issue but we try to be a helpful
lot.

--
cyg Simple