Re: Cygwin's ping requires privilege elevation.

On 03/09/2015 03:27, Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, All!

I had this issue running for some time, but recently I've (with a little help
from my friends) stumbled upon another Cygwin rip-off, and the hack they
implemented to get around this issue. (Yes, they just renamed the ping.exe to
cygping.)

I understand, that some of the ping functionality, indeed, require raw device
access, but if it is possible to avoid elevated calls for basic functions,
that would be highly appreciated.

Yes, it is a know limitation of raw socket

https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PTC

Regards
Marco