Re: Requesting ISL update

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 3:03 AM, JonY wrote:

> Hi Achim,
>
> Can you please update ISL for newer versions of GCC?
> http://isl.gforge.inria.fr/ says 0.15 is the latest.

PMFJI,

I was setting up a cross compiler this past Sunday under Cygwin, using
GCC 5.1.0. I followed the "BYOI" (Bring your own Infrastructure) path
and ISL 0.15 was my first choice (being the latest), but did not work.
ISL 0.12.2 did work. ISL 15 passes the initial "compatible version of
ISL" check that the GCC configure script does, but the granite code
within GCC doesn't actually compile properly. When I recompiled
without the --with-isl setting in configure, no ISL library was found,
according to the "compatible version of ISL" message again, and the
compiler was a success anyway. I built an OS with it, threw it away
and started over using ISL 0.12.2. Everything worked, and the
resulting OS build (Embedded Xinu for RPi) ran properly.