Re: Error accessing mapped drive >2TB?

On Sep 14, 2015, at 9:46 PM, Andrey Repin <anrdaemon@yandex.ru> wrote:

>>> The only thing I can think of is that the 2nd drive is >2TB.
>
>> The same thing happens here with a 3.1 TB Fusion drive and a 500 GB
>> external driveâ

[snip]

>> Why errno 5 from path_conv?
>
> That's an interesting point... can you walk me through your setup

Pretty simple: I shared the entire drive from my OS X box to the Cygwin VM hosted on the same machine, and got this error with commands like âls /pâ when the drive is mapped as P:.

If I map my OS X Desktop folder to Q: on the Windows side, the problem doesnât occur.

There are no ACLs on the root of either Mac OS X drive (ls -led /) so if itâs an OS X-side permission problem, itâs happening at a different layer than the filesystem.  Perhaps one of the MAC layers?  (Gatekeeper, etc.)

> Or is this Mac-specific?

Possibly.  OS X switched from Samba to an Apple-specific smbd in 10.7:

  https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man8/smbd.8.html

Iâll repeat that Windows Explorer seems to have no problem showing the contents of the root of the P: share, though.