Re: Issues encountered with new Cygwin version

Greetings, Walter L.!

"This" being "Git", and http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2015-09/msg00072.html

> If by saying "This is configurable" he meant running
> 'setfacl -b' on the top-level directory, then I simply misunderstood his
> statement; I was just misinterpreting "configurable" meaning setting "noacl"
> or something like that to the file system or the environment.

The problem child here is Git that bindly assumes that there's no other
permissions than POSIX permissions, and no other executables than POSIX
executables.
Both statements aren't true for any given OS these days.

> Since there are usually more than one way to do something, I was just
> wondering if Andrey knew of another way to handle the permission issue by
> the way of some configuration setting.

I didn't, but I'm reading the list patiently, picking knowledge where I can.
Thanks to Adam. This solution came up relatively recently.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...