Re: Building cross toolchain on cygwin from source

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 10:06 PM, Hari Narasimhan H.N  wrote:

> I am using a crosstool-NG system. During configuration of GMP it
> throws the following error
>
> "could not find a working compiler"
>
> whereas I have gcc4.9.3 installed and working.

You should be able to tell from config.log what GMP's configure tried
to use as the compiler. GCC is capable of being compiled with an old
compiler and that applies equally to creating a native compiler or a
cross compiler.

My best guess is that this problem is not a Cygwin problem. I have had
that same error message from configure scripts run under Linux,
attempting to cross-compile various open-source libraries, and it
comes down to some over-looked detail in the configure arguments that
impact how the script finds the compiler to use. Possibly a good
question for Stack Overflow.