Re: Regression with gnu screen: Scrollbar gone between 4.02 and 4.03

Andrew Schulman writes:

> [...]

So, bizarrely, here's what I have found.

The distributed screen 4.3 binary has the problem (no scrollbar, etc.)
The distributed screen 4.2 binary does not have the problem
Installing the 4.2 src package, running cygport and running the result
does not have the problem
Installing the 4.3 src package, running cygport and running the result
_does not have the problem_.

This despite the fact that (by chance, as you will see in a moment) the
distributed and locally-built 4.3 binaries are the same size.

But they are not in fact identical, and the visible differences, per
"strings", is as follows:

  > diff -bw /tmp/os.strings /tmp/ns.strings
  1355d1354
  < L;%9
  3236c3235
  < termcap
  ---
  > terminfo
  3520c3519
  < Cannot find termcap entry for '%s'.
  ---
  > Cannot find terminfo entry for '%s'.
  3528,3529c3527,3528
  < [3%dm
  < [4%dm
  ---
  > [3%p1%dm
  > [4%p1%dm
  3535a3535
  > (%p1%c
  3937,3938c3937,3938
  < [9%dm
  < [10%dm
  ---
  > [9%p1%dm
  > [10%p1%dm
  4319c4319
  < RSDS0
  ---
  > RSDS

This is at least _suggestive_ that your compilation environment and mine
are in some way different.

Does

  #define TERMINFO 1

occur in your build/config.h ?