Re: How to correctly rebase?

On Oct 14, 2015, at 1:27 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:

> Warren Young writes:
>> I propose that the _autorebase maintainer
>> add those directories to the package, so theyâre always available.
>
> They actually are packaged, so I'm not sure why they wouldn't be
> available on your system.

Iâve just checked the source package, and youâre right.  That means my system got broken sometime after February 5, 2015 the last time _autorebase was updated.

> In other words you should see an "incomplete"
> package from cygcheck and a re-installation should fix it.

Alas, I already reinstalled it while debugging the problem.

>> /var/cache/rebase is the critical one: without it, the rebase-trigger
>> script canât set the trigger, so the rebasing will never happen.  The
>> lack of the others just causes nonfatal complaints.
>
> I'll check if I can just re-create the directory if it doesn't exist.

Put "mkdir -p ${b}" somewhere near the top of 0p_000_autorebase.dash or rebaselst.

>> (Which makes me wonder how it got broken, since the Windows VM I
>> tested this on isnât used heavily, and was created not all that long
>> ago.)
>
> Maybe if you find something in /var/log/setup.log you could let me know.

Well, hereâs a fun find: The last time that file was written to was November 4, 2014, even though I did two or there setup.exe passes today while composing my prior reply.

$ getfacl /var/log/setup.log
# file: /var/log/setup.log
# owner: Warren
# group: Warren
user::rw-
group::---
other:râ

So, why is setup.exe not writing to it?  604 is a weird permission set, but does it really need world writability?

I get the same permission set when saying âtouch xâ on this box.

Windows 10, 64-bit.