Re: Error accessing mapped drive >2TB?

On Oct 21 09:52, Warren Young wrote:
> On Oct 21, 2015, at 4:03 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >
> > The FILE_ATTRIBUTE_REPARSE_POINT flag is set but when calling a function
> > to fetch the reparse data it's no reparse point anymore?  How dumb is
> > that?
> >
> > I can't reproduce this bug with my Samba drives, but it's not actually a
> > bug in Cygwin from my perspective.
> >
> > Yeah, that observation doesn't really help, so I applied a potential
> > workaround to Cygwin.
>
> How could we prove that the problem is the Apple SMB server?
>
> I mean, I know how to snag a stream of SMB packets with Wireshark, but
> I donât know what Iâd be looking for in the dump.

Me neither, the Samba guys might be able to help there, perhaps.
Or, does wireshark know how SMB packages look like OTW?

Alternatively, a native Windows test application like this should
show the same symptom:

  HANDLE handle = CreateFile ("P:\\", ...);
  DWORD attributes = GetFileAttributes (handle);
  if (attributes != (DWORD) -1
      && (attributes & FILE_ATTRIBUTE_REPARSE_POINT))
    {
      char buf[32000];
      DWORD len;

      if (!DeviceIoControl(handle, FSCTL_GET_REPARSE_POINT, NULL, 0,
			   buf, 32000, &len, NULL))
        printf ("error %u\n", GetLastError ());
    }

If so, the error code would be 4390.

> Keep in mind that Windows Explorer seems to cope with this situation,
> so Explorer may be doing something like in your patch.

Yeah, maybe.  Or it doesn't even test for a reparse point in this
scenario.

> > If you're set up to build your own Cygwin, please give it a try.
>
> Yes, that fixes the symptom here.
>
> Thanks for chasing this down.

Thanks for testing!

Corinna