Re: How can I completely remove Perl 5.22?

Am 27.10.2015 um 18:49 schrieb Jim Reisert AD1C:
I am having some problems trying to make ActiveState Perl and Cygwin
Perl 5.22 co-exist.

If they did so in the past, I see no reason why they shouldn't continue to do so.

I currently have a Perl program that uses the Tk
library, which I am unable to compile using the ActiveState PDK.  I am
pretty sure it was working before I upgraded Cygwin Perl to version
5.22.  My current thinking is to backtrack to Cygwin Perl 5.14 and see
if I can make the two co-habitate again.

I would guess that is merely a temporal coincidence.

Other than un-installing Cygwin Perl, how can I ensure that all CPAN
and/or compiled libraries/modules are also removed (most likely in my
Cygwin home directory)?

Unless you've actively subverted it, Perl knows to keep it's stuff separate from other versions of Perl that may happen to be installed on the same machine.

You may have an issue with the search order in PATH, though.

I realize that parts of Perl are needed for
the Cygwin base install.

No, not yet.

These are the Cygwin packages that I have installed, that have the
word "perl" in them:

* perl
* perl_autorebase
* perl_base

None of these packages install anything into your home directory.

--
Achim.

(on the road :-)