Re: initial cygwin installation

On Oct 27, 2015, at 7:21 AM, Nellis, Kenneth wrote:

> From: Warren Young
>>
>> On Oct 25, 2015, at 3:11 PM, t s wrote:
>>>
>>> Q: How do I install everything?
>>> A: You do not want to do this!
>>
>> I explain this in more detail here:
>>
>>  http://stackoverflow.com/a/21233990
>
> For the hell of it I decided to check out this hidden feature.
> What I got was two dialog boxes popping up talking about
> Cygwin limitations, something about "this port of Avahi",
> references to Apple's "Bounjour mDNSResponder" service,
> and a link to http://support.apple.com/kb/DL999.
>
> What's up with that?

Thatâs actually a great illustration of the point I tried to make.

You just asked setup.exe to install a whole bunch of software you do not actually need, so when it starts asking you questions about what you want done with this software, you are lost, because you donât even know what the software *is*, much less how to use it.

So donât do that. :)