Re: Bug in collation functions?

On 10/28/2015 04:14 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> It's my understanding that collation is supposed to take whitespace and
> punctuation into account in the POSIX locale but not in other locales.

Not quite right. It is up to the locale definition whether whitespace
affects collation.  But you are correct that in the POSIX locale,
whitespace must not be ignored in collation.

> This doesn't seem to be the case on Cygwin.  Here's a test case using
> wcscoll, but the same problem occurs with strcoll.

That's because the locale definitions are different in cygwin than they
are in glibc.  But it is not a bug in Cygwin; POSIX allows for different
systems to have different locale definitions while still using the same
locale name like en_US.UTF-8.