Re: 64bit cygwin 2.4.0-0.4 hangs when pinging unresponsive host

On 27/11/2015 16:07, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
  64 $ ping 2.2.2.2
PING 2.2.2.2 (2.2.2.2): 56 data bytes

----2.2.2.2 PING Statistics----
2 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

the problem seems restricted to the 64bit test version of cygwin.

I think this is pure coincidence.  After some hours debugging this
problem it seems it's a race condition, architecture-independent and
present since quite a while in Cygwin.  In case of ping the race leads
to a blocking socket function missing a signal arrived, thus the
signal is never handled.  This in turn blocks the next signal from being
delivered.

I have a potential fix, but I have to test it a bit.  The signal code
is pretty complicated...

I created a new developer snapshot (https://cygwin.com/snapshots/) and
I'm just about writing the release message for the next test release
2.4.0-0.5 which both contain a patch for this problem.  Please give
any of them a try.

Thanks,
Corinna

It works fine for me