Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.4.0-0.4

>> Hi Kacper,

>>> With this version I get permissions denied when trying to chmod a
>>> folder created in a created folder...
>>>
>>> Basically this doesn't work for me:
>>> mkdir test
>>> mkdir test/test
>>> chmod 755 test/test
>>
>> I need to see the ACLs of the parent dir of test, the ACL of test and
>> the ACL of test/test via the icacls command, before calling chmod.

I'm using Microsoft account. Here is requested information

$ pwd
/home/Kacper
$ icacls .
. DOMEK\Kacper:(F)
  Wszyscy:(RX)
  TWORCA-WLASCICIEL:(OI)(CI)(IO)(F)
  GRUPA TWORCOW:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
  Wszyscy:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)

Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files
$ mkdir test
$ icacls test
test NULL SID:(DENY)(Rc,S)
     DOMEK\Kacper:(F)
     DOMEK\Kacper:(RX)
     Wszyscy:(RX)
     NULL SID:(OI)(CI)(IO)(DENY)(Rc,S)
     TWORCA-WLASCICIEL:(OI)(CI)(IO)(F)
     DOMEK\Kacper:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
     GRUPA TWORCOW:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
     Wszyscy:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)

Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files
$ mkdir test/test
$ icacls test/test
test/test NULL SID:(OI)(CI)(DENY)(Rc,S)
          DOMEK\Kacper:(F)
          TWORCA-WLASCICIEL:(OI)(CI)(IO)(F)
          DOMEK\Kacper:(OI)(CI)(RX)
          DOMEK\Kacper:(RX)
          GRUPA TWORCOW:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
          Wszyscy:(OI)(CI)(RX)

Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files
$ chmod 755 test/test
chmod: nie mozna zmienic uprawnien do âtest/testâ: Permission denied

I'm using Polish version of Windows so in case you have trouble
matching groups with English names. "Wszyscy" == "Everyone",
"TWORCA-WLASCICIEL" == "CREATOR OWNER", "GRUPA TWORCOW" == "CREATOR
GROUP".

Tell me if you need any more info.

Ps. Sorry for empty mail I've send before.