direct.h

Hi,

I am trying to build GRASS GIS Windows package as I already described
[1]. Beside mingr32-w64 toolchain I am trying to compile GRASS also
using cygwin toolchain. On cygwin toolchain I have problem with
missing direct.h header which is required by one of GRASS's
dependencies:

/cygdrive/c/OSGeo4W64/include/cpl_port.h:169:22: fatal error:
direct.h: No such file or directory
 #  include <direct.h>
                      ^
compilation terminated.
configure: failed program was:
#line 6111 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <gdal.h>
int main() {
GDALOpen("foo", GA_ReadOnly);
; return 0; }

Is it possible to solve this issue without switching to mingw32-w64
toolchain (problems described [1])?

I am also not sure what will be difference between binaries compiled
using cygwin and mingw32-w64 toolchain except of dependencies (like
cygwin1.dll). MinGW32-w64 should produce native windows application,
but what does it mean exactly?

Thanks, Martin

[1] https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2015-12/msg00118.html

--