Re: startx doesn't seem to work (solved sort of)

On 29/11/2015 04:34, Peter Van Epp wrote:

or 2)

install everything in Xfce in which case startx starts the xfce4 desktop.
Since I'm happy with xfce4, thats my solution. However it appears to me
that there is a dependency missing in xorg-server as it doesn't appear to
load enough to make X actually work. From the error messages it looks to
to be in winClipboardProc since that seems to be where the error occurs,
but I have no idea where winClipboardProc is in the mass of packages in X11.

Peter Van Epp

$ grep winClipboardProc *.exe
Binary file XWin.exe matches
Binary file xwinclip.exe matches