Re: SegFault running "ls -l" after Microsoft Patch Day

On Dec 20 13:55, Houder wrote:
> On 2015-12-20 13:18, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> >>Oh ... you know, I understand Rainer's sentiment ...
> >>
> >>https://www.cygwin.com/ starts with:
> >>
> >>CYGWIN
> >>
> >>Get that ___Linux___ feeling - on Windows
> >
> >Dunno about you, but I have lots of files with spaces in them on Linux,
> >especially files connected with GUI stuff, themes, etc.
>
> :-) Oh dear, must be my age ... I never create files with spaces in them
> ... I like to keep things simple, just like the guys that created Unix.
>
> (sorry, could not stop myself :-)))

I didn't say I created them myself.  Or in same case I did but didn't
intend to.

E.g., in one desktop environment I created a subdir with entries
pointing to a script "foo" called with a machine name as parameter.
I called the entries "foo machine1", "foo machine2", etc.  Turns out,
those entries were converted to files called "foo machine1.desktop",
"foo machine2.desktop", ...

Lots of documents downloaded from the net have spaces in them, unless
you rename every single one of them, which I can't be bothered.

KDE created a file
~/.kde/share/apps/desktoptheme/Arezzo/widgets/mock przelacznik pulpitow.svg
I don't even know the language.

~/.config/gnome-boxes/sources/QEMU Session
~/.mozilla/firefox/Crash Reports
~/.thunderbird/xyz.default/Mail/Local Folders/Unsent Messages
~/android-sdk-linux_86/SDK Readme.txt
/usr/local/MegaRAID Storage Manager
/usr/share/cmake/Help/generator/Sublime Text 2.rst
/usr/share/doc/python-setuptools/CHANGES (links).txt
/usr/share/doc/stix-fonts/STIX Font License 2010.pdf
/usr/share/doc/verne-backgrounds-single/CC-BY-SA 3.0

Even the git repo has them:

~/src/git/t/t4135/add-with backslash.diff
~/src/git/t/t4135/add-with quote.diff
~/src/git/t/t4135/add-with spaces.diff
~/src/git/t/t4135/add-with tab.diff

Corinna