Re: perl version error

Am 23.12.2015 um 11:22 schrieb Achim Gratz:
Maybe, although I'd consider it a bug if it's barfing on a minor version
update since there is no binary or API incompatibility among minor
versions (as long as they're built with the same options of course).

Turns out this is indeed a longstanding bug (and one upstream is likely to continue ignoring) that PAR::Packer uses the version string as a proxy for ABI compatibility:

The package is in the hands of Yaakov, so either he's going to provide an update shortly or you downgrade Perl to 5.22.0 for the moment. If a new package is made available, I wouldn't mind if the version check was patched to check the last component for greater-or-equal instead of equal. Testing for equality makes no sense unless we'd bundle PAR::Packer with the perl package in Cygwin.

--
Achim.

(on the road :-)