Re: CTRL-C does not work in Cygwin when using pipes

On Dec 29, 2015, at 3:31 PM, Bill Smith <bsmith@progress.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to do this with the standard shell, bash.  We have tried using mintty or the xterm version but there were other issues.

Michael is correct: the shell and the terminal are two separate programs.  Your problem isnât with bash, itâs with the Windows native console.

If the Windows native console were the best way to run an interactive Cygwin command shell, Cygwin wouldnât default to mintty these days.

That said, Cygwin *used* to run Bash in the Windows Console by default, and I donât recall Ctrl-C failing in that case.  So, I guess something changed in the cygwin1.dll terminal I/O handling which breaks Ctrl-C handling while a pipe is running.

While waiting for a fix, maybe a more productive way to solve your problem is to address these âissuesâ youâre having with mintty.  Thereâs something to be said for running with the standard environment.