Re: cygwin.dll: bug with select on Windows console

On Jan  7 13:18, John Hood wrote:
> Sorry about forgetting the testcase (which was good, actually, that
> version had a bug).  I've attached it here.  This takes a single
> argument, the timeout value for select() in microseconds.  A value of
> 1000000 is fine for testing this issue.  Type at it, or just bang on the
> keyboard with random keystrokes, and it will report the results from
> select() and the characters read.  On a Windows console, it should
> report an error within a few seconds.  Moving the mouse cursor over the
> Windows console window while typing seems to provoke the error as well.

No chance.  I tried this for a good hour now with the unpatched Cygwin
DLL on 32 bit W7 and 64 bit W10 in 32 and 64 bit in a Windows console,
and I can't provoke this error.  It just works for me.

> On mintty or any other pty, the error never occurs.
>
> I've been unable to build Cygwin from Git on my 32-bit install on Win7,
> thanks to various header mismatches and missing packages-- I think the
> latest was a mingw-gcc header, but I can't check that machine now.  The
> FAQ entry on how to build Cygwin is quite incomplete.  Are there any
> better directions for building Cygwin?

What exactly is failing?  If you installed all the packages mentioned in
the FAQ entry, plus building outside the source tree as outlined, you
should be fine.  Alternatively, install the cygport package and the
2.4.0-0.16 source package and build that via

  cygport cygwin.cygport prep compile

That should get you started.

Corinna

Red Hat