Re: Cygwin unable to resolve hostnames

I don't think it's a "generic Cygwin problem" either. If it was, the
mailing list would be flooded with people having problems with every
net based utility in existence :-)

I think it has to do with how Cygwin interfaces with VMs. Perhaps it
has something to do with network tunnelling or something related to
how ip and DNS works when being NAT'ed through VMWare Fusion.

I am running the Windows 8 VM on VMWare Fusion on OS X 10.11.3

Carl-Erik Kopseng
about.me/kopseng