How do I customize the xwin-xdg-menu menus?

I'm trying to figure out how to customize the xwin-xdg-menu menus (the menu that shows up in the taskbar as "X application menu on :0" and be default contains "Internet", "System Tools", and "XDG Menu" menu items.  I've looked at http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/menu-spec-latest.html that  was referenced in https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2015-07/msg00100.html, but I'm having a difficult time figuring out to map that spec to cygwin/windows and figure out what files I need to create to customize those menus.

Can anyone post some examples of the files (and where they should be located) to customize those menus?

Thanks