fts_read failed error during Cygwin find, du, etc operations

Hi;

  I am using a daily refreshed Cygwin64 on WIndows 7 Enterprise.

  When I mount fairly large NetApp volumes and perform a

du -sh path

or

find path etc

or

rm -rf path

where path is involved in the mount. like /cygdrive/y/ as mentioned below;

(those are the three that I remember, all apps recursive descend a
directory tree);

I'll frequently get the following error.

du -sh /cygdrive/y/Some_Large_Directory
du: fts_read failed:
/cygdrive/y/Some_Large_Directory/dir/dir/dir/file: No such file or
directory

So, what is the cause of this and what is the remedy or workaround?

So far I have no choice but to fall back to the dos window and dos
commands or the windows file explorer where I would much rather be
using Cygwin.

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott