Re: Cygwin 1.7-58 with windows 2008

On Mar 24, 2016, at 1:29 PM, Warren Young <wyml@etr-usa.com> wrote:

> On Mar 23, 2016, at 10:20 PM, Rashi Singhal <singhal.rashi@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> configure:3288: gcc --version </dev/null >&5
>> gcc (GCC) 4.3.2 20080827 (beta) 2
>> Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>
> According to the Cygwin Time Machine, Cygwin was still shipping GCC 3.4.4 at that time.

Ooops, never mind.  I now see that Cygwin was still shipping two different versions of GCC back then, and its gcc4 is 4.3.2.

Still, I think Iâm still correct about the core diagnosis for the std::exit() thing the GCC Ada configure script is complaining about, except that itâs a too-new C++ Standard Library causing the problem, rather than a too-new C++ compiler.

Or, I could still be right, since you claim to have downloaded âgcc-adaâ rather than âgcc4-adaâ.  If thatâs literally what youâve done, you should be building with GCC 3, not GCC 4.