Re: Keep calm

On 01/04/2016 20:10, Achim Gratz wrote:
Jon Turney writes:
Also, it would be really cool if setup.xz files were finally made
available (the best compression option in my experience is -6e).

This is something I want to look at, once the initial problems have been
sorted out.

An .xz compressed setup.ini is now written as well.

Marvellous.

What's that setup.ini.bak file doing there?

This preserves the previous setup.ini, when it is updated.

This is useful for a couple of reasons: If something went disastrously wrong, it makes rolling back to a valid setup.ini much easier. It also makes it simple to see what changed when setup.ini got updated.

I suppose this file could be stashed somewhere private, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

Also, given that we're unlikely to go back to upset, could the
release/!always_ready cookie be removed as well?

I take no position on the probability of that event. I've removed the !always_ready files.