Re: How can I try a newly build package locally?

thoni56 <thomas <at> junovagen.se> writes:
> We use CMake so there is a packager available, and it's easy to create a
> .bz2 package.

Cygwin packages have moved to .tar.xz for quite a while.  Also, please build
and package with cygport.

> Once I've created the package, how can I try it locally? In Linux this can
> easily be done with dpkg, but is there a way to use the Cygwin package
> installer so that it picks up a local package?

You can point setup.exe at a local directory, but it'd be preferrable if you
created a local package repository with genini (you can then use it as an
additional repo during install).

Regards,
Achim.