Re: git and absolute Windows-style paths

On 4/19/2016 5:31 PM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
On 19/04/2016 22:34, silverwind wrote:
Hey,

I noticed that Cygwin's git does not seem to correctly process
Windows-style paths in at least v2.7.4 and v2.8.1. It may have worked
before, but I'm not totally certain.

don't assume cygwin programs are able to process windows path.
Most don't. Use Posix paths

But I think the OP is correct in pointing out that git should have given an error, as it does when a Posix path points to a non-existent file:

$ git add foo
fatal: pathspec 'foo' did not match any files

Ken