Re: git and absolute Windows-style paths

On 4/20/2016 11:44 AM, silverwind wrote:
Hey,

Does it work if you do:

git add c:/test/file

Nope, won't work either. No file is added, exit code 0 is given.

 > I can't immediately see what's going wrong, so I'm going to report this upstream.

Thanks. I came upon this issue through npm which is using these Windows paths for certain git
operations. Unfortunately, The npm team is very reluctant when it comes to merging Cygwin-specific
patches, so chances of landing a fix on their side are rather slim.

Is there a public repository for the git package used by Cygwin?

I think that tackling this with a script/function is a better approach ...

Eliot Moss