Re: Fatal error in wget 1.17.1

Please don't top-post on technical lists.

On 05/02/2016 05:31 PM, Jon Ronnenberg wrote:
> I don't think so.
>
> c:\cygwin64\bin
> Î ls cygwin*
> cygwin-console-helper.exe*  cygwin1.dll*

That's under the c:\cygwin64\bin directory, but doesn't tell me anything
about the rest of your system. Which is why I asked for cygcheck output,
but you seemed to have missed that point.

> I did a full search through the start menu but I only got the above
> cygwin1.dll It seems to me that the current wget package is built on
> an old version of cygwin. But I'm only guessing.

No, you are misdiagnosing your problem.  It doesn't matter what version
of cygwin wget was built against, what matters is what version of
cygwin1.dll is being loaded when your script is forking, and if your
PATH happens to be modified in such a way that wget is attempting to
load a different cygwin1.dll than the shell running the script, such
that there are now two different cygwin1.dlls loaded at the same time.

So I'll ask again: please run cygcheck as directed by the mailing list
footer...

>> Following the directions listed here:
>>

>>> --
>>> Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>>
>> in particular, the instructions to run cygcheck and attach the output,
>> will help identify not only if you do have two cygwin installations, but
>> where the second is installed, so that you can delete the one you don't
>> need.

and attach its output, to prove to us what cygcheck thinks about your
system, not what you think about your system.