Re: xpdf relocation error

Jaakov Jaakov <j_k_v <at> ro.ru> writes:
> Dear Mark et al., dear developers:
>
> Finally I got the culprit machine again.
>
>  > Sorry but my suspicion expressed earlier, that there's an address
>
>  > collision, was incorrect.   The rebase source code shows it's a
Windows

>  > error code being reported, and it's Windows' ReBaseImage64()
function

>  > itself having some issue operating on the cygXt-6.dll file.   Do
you have

>  > write access to that file and its directory?
>
>  I do. Here we go (started from a non-X terminal):
>
> admin <at> hostname:~$ xpdf
>
>  Cygwin runtime failure: /usr/bin/xpdf.exe: Invalid relocation.
Offset 0x2f6e3bad9 at address
> 0x100494523 doesn't fit into 32 bits
>
> admin <at> hostname:~$ ls -la /usr/bin/cygXt-6.dll
>
>  -rwxr-xr-x 1 admin None 333855 29. Jan 21:27 /usr/bin/cygXt-6.dll
>
> admin <at> hostname:~$ ls -la /usr/
>
>  insgesamt 920
>
>  drwxr-xr-x+ 1 admin None 0 28. Nov 13:24 .
>
>  drwxr-xr-x+ 1 admin None 0 15. Aug 2015   ..
>
>  drwxr-xr-x+ 1 admin None 0 17. Apr 22:23 bin

>  As we see, the write attributes for "admin" are set, and I am "admin"

That all looks perfectly normal to me, and exactly what I see on my own
systems.  But your explicit mention of using a non-X terminal suggested
another possible reason for rebase failure: the cygXt-6.dll is very
likely to be in-use, and thus busy as far as Windows is concerned, if
you're running an X server and/or xterms etc. at the same time you're
trying to rebase that DLL.

Try closing all xterms, background X apps, and the X server and any X
window manager you may be running.  All processes related to X, in other
words.  Then retry the rebase of cygXt-6.dll.

..mark