Re: system lags and dysfunctional after cygwin update

On 13/05/2016 16:02, Ben Altman wrote:
On 5/12/2016 11:57 AM, Warren Young wrote:
On May 12, 2016, at 8:35 AM, Ben Altman <benalt@gmail.com> wrote:

During the update that triggered this, it got stuck in the final part
dealing with the 0p_000_autorebase.dash script.
I’m not sure chasing this will have any effect.  If I am right that
there is a 3rd party agent outside of Cygwin causing the problem, any
autorebase problems could well be a side effect of that agent’s
behavior.  This sort of problem is generally classed as “BLODA” within
Cygwin:

   https://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.using.bloda

Do you have any of those listed software packages installed?  Which
ones?  Have you tried temporarily disabling or uninstalling them?
My organization has Symantec Endpoint Protection installed. It isn't
explicitly mentioned but it is Symantec so I'll try disabling it whilst
the script runs and see what happens.

Same organization setup here on W7-64

On my system, it was enough to add the cygwin directory in the exception list of "Symantec Endpoint Protection"

Thanks again for your help.
Ben

Marco