Possible issue with chown v8.25

Win7 SP1
chown v8.25 Package 8.25-3

Possible related issue at: https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2016-04/msg00400.html

Windows operation: Run as Administrator <cygwin shell>
> chown -R owner:group *

Windows operation: Explorer <directory> -> Operation -> Security
                   Message "The permissions on <directory> are incorrectly
                   ordered which may cause some entries to be ineffective."

                   Click OK -> Edit
                   Message "The permissions on <directory> are incorrectly
                   ordered which may cause some entries to be ineffective.

                   To order the Permissions correctly, click Reorder

                   To leave the permissions unchanged (the view will be
                   read-only) click Cancel"

                   Click Reorder
                   This corrects the error.

For the directory and contained subdirectories, the <owner> is put into the "Group or user names" popup of the Security property. The <owner> has no assigned permissions.

The contained files in the directory have <owner> in the "Group or user names" popup of the Security property. The <owner> has all permissions except special permissions.

I don't think that this is something that I caused through a fault of my own. It looks like a chown bug. Is there a workaround?

art