Re: changes in 32-bit Cygwin OpenGL causing crashes?

> On May 26, 2016, at 10:01 PM, lloyd.wood@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
>
> It's odd, the amount of extra support that Cygwin needs.
>
> Okay, OpenGL is broken in 32-bit cygwin, not for the first
> time.
>
> I'm unsure if OpenGL is broken in 64-bit cygwin, because
> the piping my applications use is broken in 64-bit cygwin -
> and only there. Not in any other linux or unix I've run on.
> So, it's rather tempting to blame 64-bit Cygwin.
>
> But the OpenGL code is clearly obviously different
> and later in 64-bit Cygwin, because it builds to different
> function names (dropped a bunch of EXTs.) That's... odd.
> But in any case, we have a -noopengl flag just to work
> around OpenGL segfaulting in 32-bit Cygwin (and whether
> 64-bit segfaults is unknown, because piping problems.).
>
> And there are graphical glitches I see in 32-bit Cygwin
> Tcl/Tk, but not in 64-bit Cygwin Tcl/Tk or anywhere else,
> 32- or 64-bit, in Linux/Unix land.
>
> Those are the major things that come to mind when I think
> of Cygwin.
>
> Notes at:
> http://sat-net.com/L.Wood/software/SaVi/building-under-Windows/
>
> where I try and suggest to users that Cygwin is not
> their best choice. Really.
>
> It's been over fifteen years of 'under construction' so far.

First, please don't https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU.
Second, https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR.
Third, itâs posts like this that make me wish a former co-leader =
was still around.

Here are the major things that come to mind when I think of Cygwin.
Gratitude. Oceans and oceans of gratitude.