ulimit system wide

Hi all:

Duplicity does not work inside cygwin default installation because it
needs more or equal than 1024 into max open files. If we run ulimit
-n, we get 256. If we run ulimit -n 1024, and then ulimit -n, we get
1024, and this way duplicity works fine from terminal.

But we want to launch duplicity from crontab and we don't know how to
change ulimit system wide to avoid duplicity failing from crontab.

Any hint about how to solve this problem?

Thank you,

  Mario Barcala