Re: HDF5 missing as dependency for netcdf package

On 03/06/2016 03:08, Nathan Wendt wrote:
Recently I installed the netcdf package that contains the netcdf
utilities like ncdump. However, trying to run ncdump would produce the
following error:

ncdump.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open

With no indication of the missing library, it was hard to figure out
what was missing. When I accidentally tried to run ncdump in the
Windows command prompt I received an error message that said
cyghdf5_hl-10.dll was missing. After installing the Cygwin hdf5
package ncdump worked normally.

My suggestion would be to add the hdf5 package as a dependency for netcdf.

Thanks,

My fault. I split libhdf5 in multiple packages as upstream
is bumping api without much logic

libhdf5_10                              1.8.17-1
libhdf5cpp_12                           1.8.17-1
libhdf5hl_10                            1.8.17-1
libhdf5hlcpp_11                         1.8.17-1

and I failed to note that

libnetcdf11 requires now both libhdf5_10 and libhdf5hl_10.
The correction is on the way

Regards
Marco