This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: man incredibly slow because it scans for share directory in PATH??
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 21:07:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: man incredibly slow because it scans for share directory in PATH??
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <19074b1d-78d1-a425-5a79-434ce8b1d480 at kit dot edu> <310054882 dot 20160612134916 at yandex dot ru> <1c58d754-9720-0780-6f5e-76edc056b480 at kit dot edu> <87y46acvww dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <575EF950 dot 2010809 at tlinx dot org>
Linda Walsh writes:
> I.e. in a console window, if you type:
> > echo $MANPATH
Well, it turns out that complete.tcsh sets MANPATH to "/usr/share/man:"
if it's unset, so if you're using tcsh you'll most likely get that. But
with the POSIX shells you shouldn't have a MANPATH variable set at all
unless you did that yourself in one of your configuration files.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
SD adaptation for Waldorf rackAttack V1.04R1:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple