Re: POSIX permission mapping and NULL SIDs

> On Jun 24 21:37, Bill Zissimopoulos wrote:
>> On 6/24/16, 12:51 PM, "Corinna Vinschen" <cygwin-owner <at> cygwin.com on
>> behalf of corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> wrote:
>> I am inclined to try S-1-5-7 (Anonymous). But I do not know if that is a
>> bad choice for some reason or other.
> I thought about Anonymous myself when I wrote my reply to your OP.  I
> refrained from mentioning it because it might have some unexpected side
> effect we're not aware about.

http://www.hsc.fr/ressources/articles/win_net_srv/null_sessions_intro.html
indicates it is used for some MS RPC SMB named pipe services on IPC$ share
such as lsarpc, samr, browser and for XP and backward compatibility.
Document has embedded refs and biblio at end.