Re: mintty issue with version 2.3.7

Am 29.06.2016 um 11:56 schrieb Christoph Zimmermann:
After the recent update to version 2.3.7 mintty prints the error message

Error: could not open log file: File exists.
: File exists <log file name>
I suppose you have set Log=something in your .minttrc;
the described behaviour is actually on purpose;
if there a exists a log file with the requested name already, it is assumed that it may contain valuable logging information
and shouldn't inadvertently be overwritten.
To configure logging in .minttyrc, you should use some % placeholders (see manual page) to create distinct log files.
I will amend the manual page for clarification.

Thomas