This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
symlinks to unlinked but open files should work
- From: "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut dot karlowski at ish dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2016 22:40:07 +0200
- Subject: symlinks to unlinked but open files should work
- Anomaly-results: submit.unitybox.de; rate=0%
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Dubio-filter: Adamant Filter v2016.04.1 submit.unitybox.de 3rh7Zc19Mbz7tDM
Cygwin seems to look up a symlink wrong:
When the target-file is unlinked while it is used by a process the file
still exists and the symlink should point to that file.
ln -s out1 lout1
[[ -w /dev/fd/1 ]] || echo /dev/fd/1 not writable 1>&2
Only on cygwin it prints the message.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple