Re: Use of spawnvp function makes console window appear.

On July 1, 2016 Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jun 30 20:38, Kaz Kylheku wrote:
> I tracked this down to the fhandler_console::need_invisible() call in
> child_info_spawn::worker().
>
> Whatever that is supposed to do is not working properly because
> the invisible window is perfectly visible.

Try starting the process detached:

spawnvp(_P_DETACH, argv[0], argv);

Without a doubt that will work, since the call to fhandler_console::need_invisible
is conditional on the mode not being _P_DETACH.

The problem is that sometimes you don't want this detach behavior.

Secondly, this child_info_spawn::worker is used underneath various functions: exec*, spawn*, popen, system. Not all these can pass through _P_DETACH at all.

(I'm only using spawnvp for the sake of producing a minimal test case).

Cheers ...