Re: Midnight Commander is very slow when starting and changing directories

On 12/07/2016 15:24, Krzysztof Bociurko wrote:
Recompiled mc on cygwin with default and --without-vfs, did not fix issue

Tried to install the unofficial win32 mc build that is not using
cygwin - and this issue is still there!

I guess it is some BLODA.
Cygwin can not really slow down a native application.

I think this is not an issue with cygwin. Will try with MC's issue
tracker/mailing list/whatever they got.

Could someone verify that the unofficial windows build of mc does not
use cygwin?
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mcwin32/

the description says

"Windows XP+/32 bit native port of GNU Midnight Commander, based on the current 4.8.13/14 development stream."

So I doubt was ever a cygwin one.

I am not aware that there is another mc cygwin build around
than then
https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-announce/2016-05/msg00033.html

Regards
Marco