Re: curl doesn't follow redirection?

Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> As a note, the following "seems" to work fine in Linux, but not Cygwin:
> curl -v
https://bitbucket.org/mpyne/game-music-emu/downloads/game-music-emu-0.6.0.tar.bz2
-O -L
> curl --version
> curl 7.49.1 (i686-pc-cygwin) libcurl/7.49.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2h zlib/1.2.8
> libidn/1.29 libpsl/0.13.0 (+libidn/1.29) libssh2/1.7.0 nghttp2/1.7.1
> Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps
> pop3 pop3s rtsp scp sftp smb smbs smtp smtps telnet tftp
> Features: Debug IDN IPv6 Largefile GSS-API Kerberos SPNEGO NTLM
> NTLM_WB SSL libz TLS-SRP HTTP2 UnixSockets Metalink PSL

Cygwin curl current 7.49 supports SPNEGO, ALPN, HTTP/2 with BitBucket and AWS.
It is likely that your Linux version is older and does not support these
features (like mine at 7.26), unless you have upgraded it to your distro's
experimental release: check its version, and the supported features.

It looks as if Cygwin curl and/or the target sites do not correctly handle
the new features.

Your original command does not work for me either, but disable the new
features by adding --no-npn --no-alpn, and the following works for me:
curl -LOv --no-npn --no-alpn
https://bitbucket.org/mpyne/game-music-emu/downloads/game-music-emu-0.6.0.tar.bz2

If your Linux curl supports the same features as Cygwin, or if you can
upgrade to a test or experimental release, and get the same issues as
Cygwin, the issue should be reported upstream to the curl developer.

If both have the new features, but Linux works as expected, run a curl trace
on both and attach to a followup here, with the other information requested
in the Cygwin problem reporting page.