Re: cygwinX xwin resolution

Hello Jon,

Yes, most content in windows and be zoom'd and I've been able to work with it, but it's the window decorations and controls that are almost unreadable.

I had gone through the man pages and tried many things suggested in them. But I must be doing it wrong, or in the wrong place.

As another test, from my cygwin64 home directory, I used:

startxwin -- -dpi 500

Similar to the example given in
   http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/man1/startxwin.1.html

In the log I found:

[ XWin was started with the following command line:

[ /usr/bin/XWin :0 -multiwindow -dpi 500 -auth /home/Higgins/.serverauth.10276

[ ddxProcessArgument - Initializing default screens
[ winInitializeScreenDefaults - primary monitor w 3200 h 1800
[ winInitializeScreenDefaults - native DPI x 240 y 240
[ [ 45339.640] (II) xorg.conf is not supported
[ [ 45339.640] (II) See http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html [ for more information
[ [ 45339.640] LoadPreferences: /home/Higgins/.XWinrc not found
[ [ 45339.640] LoadPreferences: Loading /etc/X11/system.XWinrc

Then again I tried:

startxwin -- -screen 0 3200x1800@1

and the log output is attached ..

Thank you