Re: Can a .sh script stored in c:\scripts\ (Windows part of filesystem) be run from crontab?

Greetings, Peder Sverdrup!

> I have my own backupscript, lets call it "". It is stored on the
> c-drive, in the directory c:\scripts\.
> When I open the cygwin terminal I can run the script manually. But if I
> include it in my crontab, it does not run.
> If I copy the script to /home/myuser/myscripts/ I can run it from the
> cygwin terminal, and it also runs from crontab.

> Is it not possible to run scripts stored on "the Windows part of the filetree" from crontab?
> The crontab entries are:
> 10  14  *  *  *  /cygdrive/c/scripts/
> 20 14  *  *  *  /home/myuser/myscripts/

> When I run the script manually, I navigate to the folder where it is stored and do
> ./ &

Run it as sh -x .../script and see what it does in each case.
Most likely you are missing something simple.

With best regards,
Andrey Repin
Thursday, July 28, 2016 13:25:20

Sorry for my terrible english...